Twelve Ways of Christmas
At this time of year, we usually ask for support in the form of things we need for patients (fleece blankets, jersey PJs, drinks trolley donations!) or items we might use at future fundraising events (toiletries, accessories, bottles).
Due to the nature of our care of vulnerable patients and high rates of Covid across the Wirral, we are still operating under very strict restrictions at our hospice so we are politely discouraging visitors to our fundraising office unless you are visiting a patient in our main hospice.
For that reason, we still aren’t able to welcome ad-hoc visitors bringing gifts to our hospice at this current time, so these are the ways that we are kindly asking for your help if you are in a position to do so.
Thank you so much for your kindness, generosity and understanding.
Wishing you a peaceful festive period
From all at Wirral Hospice St John’s xx
3) If you would like to physically buy something that our patients need or staff use in their work, we have an Amazon Wish List. We know that not everyone is a fan of Amazon and we understand that. This year’s motto of ‘helping local’ is loud and clear, and a strong message of hope. So, if you find something similar on a small business website and would like to buy that and have it delivered to us, that’s absolutely fine too and would be very gratefully received. Please could you have any deliveries marked for the attention of:
Wirral Hospice St John’s
4) Our Lottery Gift Cards start from £10 – they’re the perfect gift for someone who has everything or is difficult to buy for. Gives the recipients the chance to win big cash prizes and each gift card purchased provides us with more funding for our special care.
5) You might even like to buy your Christmas presents from our Wirral Hospice charity shops? So many pre-loved, nearly new, and brand new bargains to be had in our amazing charity shops! Have you also checked out our Wirral Hospice eBay page – self-gifting is very much encouraged for the designer and high-end listings! And, it’s not too late to buy your Wirral Hospice Christmas cards! We can post out for a small fee or you can click and collect to support social-distancing measures.
6) If you aren’t planning on buying Christmas cards, please consider making a donation to Wirral Hospice St John’s in lieu of Christmas cards and stamps. If your workplace would like to donate in lieu of Christmas cards please Jamie-Leigh or Sarah firstname.lastname@example.org / 0151 343 0778.
7) Having a real Christmas tree this year? For a reasonable donation, we will collect and recycle your tree after the festive season is over! Booking for Wirral Hospice’s tree collection service is open until 11.59 pm on Sunday 9 January so please book before then to avoid disappointment! Trees will be collected from Friday 14 January until they are all in. Every pound matters in funding our special care of Wirral families.
8) A simple and very easy way to help is to vote for Wirral Hospice to try to win an Ecclesaiatical award of £1,000.
9) Take part in a run, jog or challenge in aid of Wirral Hospice. Please contact Jamie-Leigh or Sarah 0151 343 0778 / email@example.com if you’d like a running vest / r-shirt and sponsor forms or help with setting up an online donation page.
10) Join our lottery or if you’re a member already, please think about taking out a second membership. For just £1 a week, you can be in with the chance of winning our top weekly guaranteed prize of £2,000! And our second prize of £500 rolls over by £500 each week it’s not won up to a maximum of £10,000! Visit Wirral Hospice’s lottery page or call 0151 334 0348 (Mon to Fri 9-5) to sign up!
11) Do you shop at your local Co-op? If so, you can select Wirral Hospice as the cause you’d like your Co-op membership to support. We recently received £5,000+ from the community fund as a result of Wirral supporters shopping in Co-op with us as their chosen charity.
12) One of the best ways you could help us is by setting up a regular gift to Wirral Hospice. This is a tax-efficient way of supporting us directly from your bank account each month or quarter. It’s very easy to set up and will help towards providing a sustainable flow of funding for our charity.