At this time of year, we are often asked how people can help us. If you would like to show your support, here are a few ways you can help Wirral Hospice this Christmas:
2) If you would like to physically buy something that our patients need or staff use in their work, we are kindly asking for the following items:
- Mince pies for our Light up a Life switch-on service (Sun 10 Dec) – boxes can be brought to the hospice up to Fri 8 Dec (Fundraising office Mon to Fri 9-5 or left in the main reception conservatory during the evenings 5-9pm).
- Prosecco, red wine or white wine (no spirits needed at this time)
- Fleece blankets
3) We also have an Amazon Wish List to buy other items we would use with our patients and families. We know that not everyone is a fan of Amazon and we understand that. This year’s motto of ‘helping local’ is loud and clear, and a strong message of hope. So, if you find something similar on a small business website and would like to buy that and have it delivered to us, that’s absolutely fine too and would be very gratefully received. Please could you have any deliveries marked for the attention of:
Wirral Hospice St John’s
4) Our Lottery Gift Cards start from £10 – they’re the perfect gift for someone who has everything or is difficult to buy for. Gives the recipients the chance to win big cash prizes and each gift card purchased provides us with more funding for our special care.
5) You might even like to buy your Christmas presents from our Wirral Hospice charity shops? So many pre-loved, nearly new, and brand new bargains to be had in our amazing charity shops! Have you also checked out our Wirral Hospice eBay page – self-gifting is very much encouraged for the designer and high-end listings! And, it’s not too late to buy your Wirral Hospice Christmas cards! We can post out for a small fee.
6) If you aren’t planning on buying Christmas cards, please consider making a donation to Wirral Hospice St John’s in lieu of Christmas cards and stamps. If your workplace would like to donate in lieu of Christmas cards please Jamie-Leigh email@example.com / 0151 343 0778.
7) Having a real Christmas tree this year? For a reasonable donation, we will collect and recycle your tree after the festive season is over! Booking for Wirral Hospice’s tree collection service is open until 11.59 pm on Sunday 7 January so please book before then to avoid disappointment! Trees will be collected from Friday 12 January until they are all in. Every pound matters in funding our special care of Wirral families.
8) Take part in a run, jog or challenge in aid of Wirral Hospice. Please contact Jamie-Leigh or Hayley 0151 343 0778 / firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like a running vest / r-shirt and sponsor forms or help with setting up an online donation page.
9) Join our lottery or if you’re a member already, please think about taking out a second membership. For just £1 a week, you can be in with the chance of winning our top weekly guaranteed prize of £2,000! And our second prize of £500 rolls over by £500 each week it’s not won up to a maximum of £10,000! Visit Wirral Hospice’s lottery page or call 0151 334 0348 (Mon to Fri 9-5) to sign up!
10) One of the best ways you could help us is by setting up a regular gift to Wirral Hospice. This is a tax-efficient way of supporting us directly from your bank account each month or quarter. It’s very easy to set up and will help towards providing a sustainable flow of funding for our charity.