Wirral Palliative Care Services and Advice Line
Specialist advice can be accessed 24/7 in Wirral through one central number of: 0151 343 9529.
After calling the number there will be four options to direct the caller:
- Option 1. Family member or carer seeking any advice
- Option 2. Professional seeking advice about someone you are caring for
- Option 3. Professional calling from or about someone in a Care Home requiring the End-of Life Team
- Option 4. Professional calling about someone aged 18-25 for advice from Claire House End of Life Teenage and Young Adult Service
Please be aware that the person taking the call will only be able to give advice based on the information provided by the caller and any electronic records available to them at the time.
If you have any difficulties in accessing the advice line, or concerns about the quality of advice or responsiveness of the service please contact either:
Charlotte Botes firstname.lastname@example.org Community Specialist Palliative Care Manager WCHC.
Christine Sutcliffe email@example.com Director of Clinical Services, Wirral Hospice St John’s.
About Wirral Palliative Care Services and Advice Line
Palliative Care Services are delivered across the Wirral by a number of organisations:
- Wirral Hospice St John’s
- Wirral Community Health and Care NHS Foundation Trust (WCHC)
- Wirral University Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust (WUTH)
- Claire House Children’s Hospice
The four organisations have jointly-developed a Palliative Care Services across Wirral leaflet, which explains:
- The palliative care services that each organisation provide across the Wirral for adults, children, teenagers and young adults
- What palliative care is
- How to access and contact the different services
- How the services work together