Welcome to Outpatients
People access Wirral Hospice St John’s outpatients services following a Specialist Palliative Care Referral from their GP, community nurse or other medical consultant.
- Once referred, patients are sent an appointment letter and a follow-up phone call to confirm their attendance
- An initial Outpatients appointment will involve a patient meeting with a specialist consultant where they will take part in a thorough medical assessment
- Advice regarding the best ongoing medical, nursing and other personalised physical and emotional support needs will be offered
- Partners, or sometimes another family member, a friend, or other carer, can attend outpatients appointments with their loved ones
- Patients can discuss anything which is concerning them and, with patients’ permission, so can their relatives and other carers
- Sometimes further hospice or other community care is recommended, designed to wholly support a patient’s individual needs (for instance you may be referred to our Wellbeing Centre)
- Further appointments as necessary are arranged directly with the patient
Wirral Hospice St John’s is committed to care and support of the highest standards.
For any question you may have regarding outpatient services please feel free to call us on 0151 482 8989 (Monday-Friday, 9am – 5pm
If you are deaf , have hearing loss or tinnitus, please let us know, we do have an hearing induction loop facility and/or a portable hearing device (Roger Pen).