Inpatients Visiting Arrangements
Important Announcement: Wed 14 July 2021 At Wirral Hospice St John’s we are carefully reviewing how we will carry out our care and support services to continue to provide the greatest protection we can to our patients and their loved ones. In light of the Government’s move to open up socieLearn More
A warm welcome to all our visitors
Please refer to the box above and click ‘Learn More‘ regarding current Inpatients visiting arrangements.
A warm welcome to our visitors from everyone at Wirral Hospice St John’s.
We know that many of you are close family and main carers, we are so grateful for the love you show which helps to make your loved ones life immeasurably better.
If, at any time, you have questions regarding the care and support we offer or, indeed, if you need to speak to someone about your own feelings please do not hesitate to approach one of the staff here.
The following information is designed to make your current and future visits as easy as possible.
- Limited spaces (2) for disabled vehicles outside main reception (Please ask at reception – because there are only two spaces it is usually first come first served)
General Parking on Clatterbridge Health Park
- Free for first 20 minutes
- £3.20 per day for any length of time thereafter (Please remember to bring the right change if you can)
- If you are the relative of a patient you may be able to claim a parking refund (Please ask at reception for details)
- For your safety, all visitors (and on behalf of their dependent children) you must sign in at main reception on every visit
- Please don’t bring any loose valuable possessions as the hospice cannot be held responsible should they be misplaced
- You will see the hand hygiene dispensers at the entrance to the Inpatients Ward. Please do clean your hands on entering and leaving the ward
- Do feel free to bring your children. We just ask that you supervise them at all times in what is sometimes a very busy environment. On occasion there is a need for quiet too
- There are baby changing facilities in the hospice main reception
Quiet Space for you
- You may need a bit of time for yourself to think
- The Quiet Space is available for people who are visiting patients to take time out if they need to (Please speak to the team if this is something you would like to access)
Family Room and Overnight stay
- On occasion, you and other close family members might want to stay overnight. (Please speak to the team if this is something you would like to access. They can check availability and make things as comfortable as possible for you)
The Hub Café
- Open Mon-Fri, 10am – 4pm and Sat-Sun, 10am – 3pm
- Speciality teas, coffees and soft drinks
- Sandwiches, quiche, baked potatoes, home-made soup, toasties
- Cakes, Crisps and Chocolate bars
- You can order a Sunday Roast Dinner for all the family ( please give us 48 hrs notice)
- The test is every Wednesday morning if you are in the hospice
- If the fire alarm sounds at any other time the staff will direct you immediately to safe exits
- Smoking, or Vaping, is not allowed anywhere on Wirral Hospice St John’s premises or site (including all the outside and car parking areas)
- There is a bench with a bin (there’s no shelter) off the Clatterbridge Health Park on Mount Road, 100 metres from the hospice
Nurse wearing Red Tabard
- If you see a nurse wearing a RED TABARD at any time – please be aware that they are administering the most important medications at that time. Please do not interrupt them during that period – but please ask any other member of the team if you need anything