Work Experience at Wirral Hospice
Wirral Hospice St John’s has been serving our Wirral community for more than 38 years now by delivering compassionate care and support services for people with life-limiting illnesses.
We can help young people with their key skills and future career choices by offering a limited number of places to observe, and help with, some of the work of the hospice.
We will facilitate understanding of what hospice care is all about and also how we raise the funds that enable Wirral Hospice to provide those caring services.
Whilst here you will learn about the values, attitudes and behaviours that are necessary to work in the care industry and within a hospice environment specifically.
Work Experience Opportunities
We aim to provide a real insight into what working within the hospice and a healthcare organisation is really like.
Currently, we are offering opportunities within our Non Clinical areas, such as,
- Workforce: Our workforce department deals with the management of staff and volunteer services and incorporates learning and development opportunities for the people across the hospice as well as for other health and care organisations in our Wirral community.
- Income Generation and Marketing: The hospice relies on the generosity of the people, individuals and other organisations, within our communities to provide income for hospice services. The income generation and marketing team is tasked with engaging our current and future potential supporters through a multitude of marketing and fundraising activities.
- Retail: Wirral Hospice St John’s operates eight charity shops in our Wirral Community. Each shop has a full time manager and an army of volunteers who help by sorting out donated items ready for display, serving customers and helping us to maximise the income from the sale of the pre-loved goods which make a massive contribution to hospice funds.
- Facilities / Maintenance: The facilities team makes sure our hospice buildings, gardens and other outside spaces as well as our charity shops are in good working order for the safety of our patients, visitors, staff and volunteers.
- Domestic / Catering services: The hospice must be spotlessly clean and we operate a food standards authority five star rated kitchen which provides wholesome meals and other drinks and refreshments for our patients and visitors to our Hub Café.
When and how long?
Work experience may be available at any point in the year with placements varying in length, although average placements are for five days.
Quality placements at the hospice will give you an overview of the kinds of roles that are available in the hospice and healthcare sectors.
Further enquiries can be answered by emailing email@example.com or please click the button below to register your interest/apply for a role in a particular area.