Welcome to our Inpatients Ward
People access our inpatient ward following a Specialist Palliative Care Referral from their GP, a community nurse or other medical consultant.
Ptients are welcomed onto our light and airy inpatients ward to relieve any pain and discomfort which can’t be controlled at home or in other healthcare settings.
People might only come in for a couple of days, or a week or two, while our doctors, nurses and other health and social care staff help to reduce any challenging symptoms of pain, breathlessness, nausea, anxiety and emotional distress.
Once a patient is pain-free and comfortable they will often return to their own home environment.
Our inpatients ward:
- 16 beds, made up of seven single rooms with en-suite facilities, three x 3-bed wards, with close-by bathroom facilities
- Each bed space has its own personal locker for toiletries and a change of day/night wear, a TV/radio hub, wi-fi, a cordless telephone and on-call buttons for patients in need of assistance
- All beds are hydraulic, with pressure relieving mattresses to aid comfort
- A bright and homely day lounge overlooks the hospice gardens where patients and families can meet to have a chat or just to relax
- Meals are prepared in our 5-Star rated kitchen with a wide choice of delicious freshly prepared and cooked food
- The ward has a relaxed atmosphere with visitors welcome at any time* (In normal times, visitors and children are very welcome. Unfortunately right now, due to coronavirus, we have to greatly limit the number of visitors)
- Family members can request a stayover in our family room which we will help to make as comfortable as possible