Introduction to End of Life Care Training
- To understand both national and local policies and guidance relating to the development of end of life care.
- To recognise the importance of the North West End of Life Care Model, as well as the use of prognostic indicators in relation to the identification of patients who may be in the last year of life.
- To feel confident in using the Wirral end of life care register.
- To learn about advanced care planning and preferred place of care for planning for the future in end of life care.
- To be able to use the Wirral record of care document for patients in their final days of life.
Target Audience: Any health care professional
Date & Time:
Duration: Full day
Course Content: The course covers an introduction to recognising people who are in or approaching the last twelve months of life, supporting them with all aspects of care from the end of life care register to advance care planning, to care in the last days of life and bereavement.
The course is suitable for any health professional in a care setting regardless of level of experience. No previous knowledge is required.
Number of Places Available: 30 places
For more information/ to book: call 0151 514 2331 or email WCNT.email@example.com
Venue & Location: Albert Lodge, Victoria Hospital, Mill Lane. CH44 5UF