The Coronavirus is having a detrimental effect on our hospice's ability to fundraise.
To ensure maximum public safety, we have closed all of our charity shops. Many runs, walks & challenges, and hospice fundraising events have had to be postponed or even cancelled.
We don't yet know the full financial impact but it is likely to be at least £280,000 loss of income to our charity over the next few months, which is a staggering amount of money for us to not have available for our patient care and family support services.
We understand how worrying a time this is for our supporters too, in fact, not just worrying but downright scary and lonely in the face of such uncertainty. We hope that you are finding comfort being in contact with your families but perhaps in different ways to how you are used to. We also hope that you are able to stay safe and well during these extremely challenging weeks and months we all have ahead of us.
At Wirral Hospice St John's, we are trying to maintain 'business as usual' as much as it is possible to. You can read our most up-to-date Coronavirus Advice for patients and visitors here.
Our frontline team are out in force, and our behind-the-scenes team are still carrying out essential services and support activities, just in slightly new ways to how we are used to working.
People have very kindly been asking how they can possibly help us best at a time like this? The simplest, most effective way really is if you could consider making a donation of some kind:
1) Sign up to make a regular monthly gift to 'Sponsor a Nurse'.
2) Join our weekly lottery to be in with a chance of winning our top weekly prize of £2,000, and a rollover that can grow to £10,000!
3) Make a one-off donation on our website.
4) Or through our Facebook fundraiser
5) Are you a UK tax payer? Have you signed a recent Gift Aid declaration that will allow us to reclaim 25% of any cash / card or cheque donations you may have made to us in the last four years? This is a really simple way you can help us on top of any donations you might wish to make or have already made.
6) If you are a business and wish to make a company donation or donate PPE (fluid resistant surgical masks (type IIR), disposable latex gloves, disposable aprons, FFP3 respirator masks, long-sleeved disposable gowns, nitrile gloves, plastic eye protection), please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact details so that arrangements can be made with you that won't compromise the safety precautions and visiting restrictions currently in place at our hospice.
If you are in a position to please help us in one of the ways above we would be so very grateful.
Thank you xxx
Sponsor a Nurse enquiry form