Give a gift that makes a real difference this Christmas
£26 (six months), £52 (one year) or value of your choice will give the recipient the equivalent number of weeks in our charity's lottery draw.
Top weekly prize of £2,000!
Second prize of £500 can roll over up to £10,000!
Wirral Hospice St John's lottery helps to pay for 12-15 nurses every year.
To order your Lottery Gift Card/s in time for Christmas, please call 0151 334 0348 by 3pm on 18 December.
Thank you for your support!
What is Wirral Hospice's lottery?
- Wirral Hospice Lottery is our own weekly draw, which provides a regular income for our charity.
- It helps to pay for the equivalent of 12-15 specialist palliative care nurses each year.
Is Wirral Hospice St John's lottery licensed?
-Wirral Hospice St John’s is licensed and regulated in Great Britain by the Gambling Commission under account number 4098 https://registers.gamblingcommission.gov.uk/4098
- We are also registered with the Hospice Lotteries Association, The Lotteries Council and the Fundraising Regulator.
- Promoter: Wirral Hospice St John's - registered with the Charity Commision of England and Wales (Registered Charity No. 510643).
- Responsible Person: Mrs Teresa Nightingale 0151 343 0778 / firstname.lastname@example.org.
How the lottery works:
How to join:
Why is the monthly standing order payment £4.34 through the bank?
- The monthly cost breakdown of £4.34 for playing the lottery is based on paying £1 per week over a 52 week year.
- Standing Orders are only paid once monthly.
- Sometimes there will be five weeks in a month and the additional £0.34p is to build up credit to cover the fifth week on the five-week months.
How does the draw work?
- Every Friday, 52 weeks per year, provided that you have at least £1 credit per chance in your lottery account, each of your unique draw numbers are entered into our electronic draw.
- The draw computer randomly picks numbers using a Random Number Generator (RGN) approved by The Gambling Commission and compares these with our members’ draw numbers. If your number is the same, then you win a prize; the order of matching is the order of the prizes.
How does the Rollover work?
- Our 2nd prize is a rollover prize which can be won at any time between £500 and £10,000.
- If it reaches a maximum of £10,000 then it becomes a guaranteed prize.
- The computer randomly picks a number for the rollover prize and unlike the other prizes if it doesn’t match any member’s number in the draw it rolls over to the following week accruing in increments of £500.
- If the prize isn’t won by the time it reaches £10,000 then the computer will keep searching until a number matches.
Do I ever owe money?
- No, if you don’t have enough funds in your account you do not get entered into the draw. Only people who have paid can play.
How do I find out if I’ve won and do I need to claim a prize?
- We try to contact the big winners by phone before posting out their cheques.
- The winning numbers are put on our website www.wirralhospice.org and social media accounts after the draw.
- All prize-winning cheques are posted out so there is no need to make a claim but it is important you keep us informed of any change of address.
How do I cancel?
- You can cancel at any time in writing or by phone call.
- If you pay by Standing Order you also need to cancel your standing order with the bank or they will continue to send payments.
- Any credit over £1 will still be entered into the weekly draw until credit has run out.
How are the proceeds used and what are the odds of winning a prize?
- All money goes directly to Wirral Hospice St John's.
- The split of monies is as follows: 56.5% directly to the cause (patient care and family support), 26% to the prize fund (the weekly winnings paid out) and 17.5% on expenses (lottery admin staff who process all the membership details and fees, fundraisers who sign up new members to support the hospice, and collectors who collect weekly memberships fees from a small percentage of our members who pay by cash only).
- There is a 1 in 336 chance of winning a prize in Wirral Hospice lottery every week.
How do you promote Responsible Gambling?
- Wirral Hospice St John's is a member of The Hospice Lotteries Association who, on behalf of their members makes a financial contribution towards the Responsible Gambling Trust, an organisation with the sole aim of fundraising to assist with problem gambling.
- The Hospice Lotteries Association website has a page dedicated to GAMCARE, the leading organisation that provides practical help to problem gamblers. Further support can also be found on the website www.begambleaware.org.
- An instruction to be self-excluded, as defined in the Gambling Act 2005, from Wirral Hospice St John's lottery or any one-off prize draws may be submitted in writing, faxed or telephoned through to the Wirral Hospice St John's lottery office. Supporters wishing to use this facility will not be able to re-join the lottery for a minimum of 6 months from the date of exclusion.
Page last updated by Teresa Nightingale 05.11.2020