At this time of year, we usually ask for support in the form of things we need for patients (fleece blankets, jersey PJs, drinks trolley donations!) or items we might use at future fundraising events (smellies, accessories, more booze!). This year is very different though, as sadly we all know only too well.
We really can't have lots of visitors bringing things to our hospice at this current time, so these are the ways that we are kindly asking for your help if you are in a position to do so.
Thank you so much for your kindness.
Wishing you a peaceful festive period xxx
1) Remember a loved one by dedicating one of our beautiful Light up a Life lights in their name. Or, if your company would like to make a Light up a Life business light donation.
2) You can make a one-off personal donation to our Gift to Wirral Hospice JustGiving page. Or if your company would like to make a corporate donation, please contact Jamie-Leigh or Sarah 0151 343 0778 / firstname.lastname@example.org
3) Take part in Christmas Jumper Day in aid of Wirral Hospice on Fri 11 December (or another day of your choosing).
4) Is Santa Claus coming to town with your house decorations? If so, you need to take part in our new Wirral Christmas Lights Trail.
5) Fancy a run or a jog? Take part in Strut Your Stuff or a Santa Stroll or Dash in aid of Wirral Hospice.
6) Buying presents this year is going to be even harder than most years. Our Lottery Gift Cards could be the answer! Starting from £10, they're the perfect gift for someone who has everything or is difficult to buy for. Gives the recipients the chance to win big cash prizes and each gift card purchased provides us with more funding for our special care.
7) You might even like to buy your Christmas presents from our Wirral Hospice charity shops? So many pre-loved, nearly new, and brand new bargains to be had in our amazing charity shops! Have you also checked out our Wirral Hospice eBay page - self-gifting very much encouraged for the designer and high-end listings! And, it's not too late to buy your Wirral Hospice Christmas cards! We can post out for a small fee or you can click and collect from us...
8) If you would like to physically buy something that our patients need or staff use in their work, we have an Amazon Wish List. We know that not everyone is a fan of Amazon and we understand that. This year's motto of 'helping local' is loud and clear, and a strong message of hope. So, if you find something similar on a small business website and would like to buy that and have it delivered to us, that's absolutely fine too and would be very gratefully received. Please could you have any deliveries marked for the attention of:
Wirral Hospice St John's
9) Having a real Christmas tree this year? For a reasonable donation, we will collect and recycle your tree after the festive season is over! Booking for Wirral Hospice's tree collection service is open until 5pm on Sunday 10 January to book before then to avoid disappointment! Trees will be collected from Friday 15 January until they are all in. Every pound matters in funding our special care of Wirral families.
10) A simple way to help is to vote for Wirral Hospice to try to win an Ecclesaiatical award of £1,000.
11) Do you shop at your local Co-op? If so, you can select Wirral Hospice as the cause you'd like your Co-op membership to support. We recently received £5,000+ from the community fund as a result of Wirral supporters shopping in Co-op with us as their chosen charity.
12) One of the best ways you could help us is by setting up a regular gift to Wirral Hospice. This is a tax-efficient way of supporting us directly from your bank account each month or quarter. It's very easy to set up and will help towards providing a sustainable flow of funding for our charity.