PDF of Wirral Hospice's Garden Makeover Project 2019
The overall aim is to have a more beautiful garden for our pateints and their visitors to enjoy year round. What we have currently is small and very green / brown and well-kempt thanks to our lovely team of all-weather volunteers but it's not what anyone would describe as gorgeous. With your help though, we hope that it can be!
Please can you help in some way?
- We need digging volunteers!
- We need planting volunteers!
- We need painting volunteers!
Working Group Dates to dig, plant and paint:
Sun 17 March, 10.30am-4pm
Sun 14 April, 10.30am-4pm
Sun 12 May, 10.30am-4pm
Hot drinks & cakes aplenty for volunteers!
The Big Reveal we are working towards is us hosting our very own NGS Open Garden weekend on Sat 29 & Sun 30 June 2019, 11.30am-4.30pm each day. Entry fee payable on the gate £4 adults / under 16s FREE.
Established garden within in the grounds of the hospice which is maintained by volunteers and patients. Interesting features include a flower framed wooden gazebo, flower beds designed by patients and supported by local Brownies, a pond, vegetable area and wild flower area. Child-friendly with wildlife corner, competitions, refreshments tent and plant stall.
Excited, terrified and motivated we are! But we desperately need your help, please?
- Would your organisation / community group / family and friends like to Sponsor a Zone in the garden? From £500.
- Would you like to make a personal donation to help us pay for things we might need to buy?
- Could you grow plants for us at home for us to re-plant or perhaps even sell at our Open Garden weekend?
- Do you have any old chairs or chests of drawers that we could upcycle to be plant displays?
- Do you drink real coffee? If so, used coffee grounds are amazing for the soil!
- Could you donate bags of soil or compost?
- Do you have any old paint tins knocking about that we could use to make our garden displays more colourful?
We will also need a lot of hands on deck during the Open Garden weekend on Sat 29 & Sun 30 June 2019. Could you help us on one or both of those days, please?
If gardening is not your thing but baking cakes is, we would love some homemade cakes for us to sell from our refreshments tent over the weekend.
Please contact Teresa Nightingale, Head of Fundraising & Marketing if you'd like to help in some way: 0151 343 0778 / email@example.com, thank you so much in advance!